3 Day Stand Up Paddleboard Camping Tours in Sri Lanka
2 DATES AVAILABLE – LIMITED SPACE
THURSDAY 21ST – 23RD | THURSDAY 26TH – 28TH
WHAT’S INCLUDED ON OUR 3 DAY CAMPING?
- All equipment is provided including buoyancy aids and helmets for safety through the rapids. For camping – hammocks with built-in mosquito nets, tents for couples including sleeping bags and air mattress.
- Food provided:
- Day 1 lunch & dinner. Rice & Curry cooked by a local family.
- Day 2 breakfast, lunch & BBQ dinner.
- Day 3 breakfast & lunch stop on return transfer.
- Water provided, bring a reusable bottle if you have one.
- All rapids are optional with easy portages along the riverbank
- Some paddling experience is necessary. A training paddle session is available prior to the trip where our guide will ensure you have the necessary skills. This can be carried out on the Talduwa River or you could join our flat water River SUP tour in Ahangama.
- The campsites offer basic shower and toilet facilities.
What to wear and bring on your Ganga Adventure?
Stand Up Paddleboard Tours in Sri Lanka’s
Mirissa Ocean SUP ToursHead out from Mirissa to explore Secret Beach by Stand Up Paddleboard, a truly unique way to discover one of Sri Lanka’s fastest growing tourist attractions which is being made famous by instagram influencers from all over the world.
Jungle SUP river toursMeandering through The Kanneliya Rainforest with grade I/II rapids and jungle hills as the backdrop, the Gin Ganga is a true wild jungle river experience.
MEET THE GUIDES
SUP - River, Coast & Whitewater
River & Jungle Guide
Sri Lanka Stand Up Paddleboard Tour FAQ
- Are there crocodiles? No Crocodiles have been spotted in the areas we visit nor an attack ever reported. We work with locals who know the river and area closely and any sightings would be reported.
- Are there venomous animals? Yes, we will be in the jungle so it is possible we could see snakes & scorpions. Although they are extremely rare.
- Do I need experience? Some paddling experience is necessary. A training paddle session is available prior to the trip where our guide will ensure you have the necessary skills.
- Are there vegetarian food options? Vegetarian options are always available, for further dietary requirements please enquire.
- How deep is the river? Water levels can vary depending on rainfall. The main river channel is generally 8ft deep or more. Our guide will always assess the rapids beforehand and point out any shallows, rocks or hazards.
- Do you provide life jackets? Yes, life jackets can be arranged.
- Do I need to be able to swim? The simple answer is yes, but you do not need to be a strong swimmer to take part in most of the tour.
- Do I need travel insurance? Yes, it’s recommended you have travel insurance that covers you for adventure sports. Please ensure your insurance is valid and if you have any doubts toward the tour being covered, you must contact your travel insurance provider a minimum 24 hours before the start of the tours. Please take into account that some insurance providers may only work Monday to Friday, during normal working hours 9-5pm. Your tour guide will ask for a copy of your insurance papers and next of kin contacts details before the start of the tour. Please ensure you provide us with correct contact details for your own safety.
- Can children come on the tour? Private tours or small group tours can be arranged for families. The minimum recommended age would be 12 years old, however, exceptions may be considered for various circumstances.
- What happens if there's an accident or someone falls ill? We have a support car on hand and first aid box for minor injuries.
- Medical Conditions - If you have any medical conditions at all or allergies you must inform your guide before booking. We will assess the safety and health aspects and advice whether you'll be able to come on the tour. We will be travelling to regional areas and you will need to have a reasonable level of fitness and good level of mobility for this adventure tour.