A flat water paddle totally suitable for beginners around an inland
mangrove island exploring the flora and fauna.
We visit a local family who sell coconuts for 50lkr and cold beer for 200lkr.
Two hours - 4000lkr per person.
What to wear and bring
- Swimwear and dry clothes to change into at the end
- Footwear for the riverbank.
- Sunglasses (with ties)
- Sunscreen and repellent
- Are there crocodiles? None have ever been spotted nor an attack ever reported.
- Are there venomous animals? They have been spotted in the past but are extremely rare.
- Do I need experience? None at all. This is perfect beginner conditions.
- How deep is the river? This is technically an estuary and water levels don’t get above 4ft/1.5m.