Gin Ganga Full Day Tour
14,000LKR per person (includes breakfast, lunch and transfer).
Meandering through The Kanneliya Rainforest with grade I/II rapids and jungle hills as the backdrop, the Gin Ganga is a true wild jungle river experience. Suitable for novice and experienced paddlers
FULL DAY ITINERARY
- 6am. Meet for coffee and debrief at Camp Poe, Ahangama. Secure storage is available.
- Two hour mini-bus transfer.
- 730am Local breakfast in Udugama.
- 9am. Unload van, pump up and load boards.
- 9.30am. Whitewater safety brief.
- 10am Launch. The morning paddle has the highest concentration of rapids throughout the whole trip. All are optional with riverbank portages available and none exceed Grade II.
- 12.30pm Lunch stop.
- 2.30pm. Arrival at Uncle Sumith?s Tea Plantation for tea.
- 4pm. Pick up and transfer back to Camp Poe.
What to wear and bring
- Swimwear and dry clothes to change into at the end
- Footwear for riverbank.
- Sunglasses (with ties)
- Sunscreen and repellent
- All is equipment provided including buoyancy aids and helmets for safety through the rapids.
- Lunch, snacks and drinking water provided. Can cater for any special dietary requirements.
- Sunscreen and insect repellent provided if required.
- We cover 12km which is approximately 4-5 hours paddling time. We paddle at a gentle pace with assistance of current and plenty of breaks.
- Your guides will have 100% waterproof dry bags if you would like to bring any valuables at your own risk.
- All rapids are optional with easy portages along the riverbank.
- Are there crocodiles?? ?None have ever been spotted nor an attack ever reported.
- Are there venomous animals?? Yes, we will be in the jungle so it is possible we could see snakes & scorpions. Although they are extremely rare.
- Do I need experience? Suitable for beginners who are physically able and water confident. Upon request, a training paddle session is available prior to the trip where our guide will ensure you have the necessary skills.
- Are there vegetarian food options?? ?Vegetarian options are always available, for further dietary requirements please enquire.
- How deep is the river?? ?Water levels can vary depending on rainfall. The main river channel is generally 8ft deep or more. Our guide will always assess the rapids beforehand and point out any shallows, rocks or hazards.