Gin Ganga Two Day, One Night Camping Tour
28,000 LKR per person, all inclusive
Meandering through The Kanneliya Rainforest with grade I/II rapids and jungle hills as the backdrop, the Gin Ganga is a true wild jungle river experience.
- All equipment is provided including buoyancy aids and helmets for safety through the rapids. For camping – hammocks with built in mosquito nets, tents for couples including sleeping bags and air matress.
- Food provided:
- Day 1 breakfast, lunch & dinner. Rice & Curry cooked by local family.
- Day 2 breakfast, lunch
- Water provided, bring reusable bottle if you have one.
- All rapids are optional with easy portages along the riverbank.
- Some paddling experience is necessary. A training paddle session is available prior to the trip where our guide will ensure you have the necessary skills.
- The campsites offer basic shower and toilet facilities.
What to wear and bring:
All of your personal belongings must fit into a 40 litre dry bag which, if not we can store any excess luggage for you. Our camp guides carry all other camping, cooking equipment and food. Valuables are brought at your own risk.
- Two/three sets of clothes. Swimwear and quick drying clothes for paddling. Dry clothes x 2 to change into at the camp sites.
- Small towel
- Footwear for riverbank (trainers or flip-flops or thongs or slippers), socks in case of sunburn or insect bites.
- Sunglasses (with ties)
- Small amount of money for tips and snacks.
- Insect repellent and sunscreen. Odomos from a local pharmacy works well. DO NOT buy Nomos – it doesn?t work. If you are allergic to insect bites, we suggest bringing the strongest DEET possible.
- Soap for bodywash ? biodegradable if possible.
- Optional – Bottle of wine or liquor.
- 6am. Meet for coffee and debrief at Camp Poe, Ahangama. Secure storage is available.
- Two hour mini-bus transfer.
- 730am Local breakfast in Udugama.
- 9am. Unload van, pump up and load boards.
- 9.30am. Whitewater safety brief.
- 10am Launch. The morning paddle has the highest concentration of rapids throughout the whole trip. All are optional with riverbank portages available and none exceed Grade II.
- 12.30pm Lunch stop.
- 2pm. Arrival at Campsite 1 – Uncle Sumith?s Tea Plantation. Tea, Coffee and snacks.
- Optional hill climb.
- 7pm. Rice and curry dinner around campfire.
- 6.30am. Tea, Coffee & Breakfast.
- 8am. 1 hour paddle to a small tributary where we stop for a swim in crystal clear waters. Short walk through tea plantation.
- 2-3 hours paddling with multiple rapids. Plenty of opportunities to stop and swim.
- 3pm. arrival at Rapid Beach. Swim, play in the rapids then transfer back to Camp Poe